Is the American system of governing, and form of government , wounded, destroyed, weakened, or, merely, undergoing a period, of utmost distress? Those, who have followed politics, and therefore the national news, for many years , realize and recognize, there’s widespread apathy, within our electorate, which probably, largely explains, our relatively, low, voter turnout! additionally , many, who vote, do so, supported the empty promises, and rhetoric of political candidates, also as their perceptions, personal biases, and prejudice, and, instead of hopes and aspirations, specialize in self – interest! Unfortunately, we often, witness, far an excessive amount of emphasis on partisan politics, over, quality policy, and therefore the needs of the American people. thereupon in mind, this text will plan to briefly review, examine, and consider, using the mnemonic approach, many of those concerns, and considerations.
1. Political/ personal agenda: Who should, versus, who do, elected officials, actually serve, and represent? there’s , far an excessive amount of focus and emphasis, on partisan politics, personal/ political agenda, and their self – interest, instead of the commonweal , and best interests of the general public . Service shouldn’t be, merely, about representing one’s core supporters, but all of the citizens of this great country. Unfortunately, today, within the era of President Donald Trump, we’ve been witnessing, the governing, supported empty promises, rhetoric, partisan politics, and self – interest, which, to – date, has primarily benefited the wealthiest Americans, instead of the common good!
2. Self – interest: There should be no place, for governing, supported self – interest, instead of the simplest interests of all! This specialize in politics, over policy, and other people , is not, within the best interests of the state , or its citizens!
3. Follow – the – money: Many believe, our system, is flawed, due to the dependence on political donations, which flaw, and destroy, the nation’s best interests! The repeated reports of ethical conflicts, especially compared to Trump’s campaign promises, and rhetoric, which emphasizing, Draining the Swamp, seems to mean, we are witnessing the smallest amount degree of ethical commitment, in recent memory!
4. Rhetoric: It’s our own fault, because voters still vote, supported rhetoric and promises, instead of qualifications, experience, expertise, and therefore the ability to acknowledge and consider ramifications, and introduce viable, well – considered, relevant, realistic, sustainable solutions!
5. Core followers/ supporters: Why can we , rarely witness, politicians, become transformed, to statesmen, once they are elected? President Trump appears to focus, nearly entirely on political considerations, and providing perceived benefits, to his core followers and supporters, instead of the common good!
There is far an excessive amount of specialize in politics, over policy and people! Hopefully, Americans will wake – up, and elect, relevant, sustainable leaders.