Sports

Ipl halted after COVID-19 player case increased

The Indian Premier League has suspended after an increase in player coronavirus cases.

A Suns player tested positive for Hyderabad ahead of Tuesday’s game against the Mumbai Indians.

Monday’s game of the Kolkata Knights and Royal Challengers Bangalore postponed after two KKR players tested positive.

The IPL said in a statement that it had “unanimously decided” to postpone the season after an emergency meeting.

He said the BCCI (Indian Cricket Board) does not want to compromise on the safety of players, support staff and other IPL participants.

He said; this decision takes into account the safety, health and health of all stakeholders.

“It’s a tough time, especially in India and as we try to bring some positivity and cheers, now the game has to be suspended and everyone is going back to their families and loved ones at this hard time,” he says.

The BCCI will do everything in its power to organize the safe passage of all IPL 2021 participants.

Wednesday’s game between Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals canceled after Chennai pitcher Lakshmipathy Balaji tested positive.

The IPL is the richest franchise tournament in world cricket, with eight franchises representing different Indian cities in more than 20 matches per team.

The 2020 tournament features a franchise bought by world cricket stars at auction, including Indian icon Virat Kohli. Forty-four England players have signed up for the 2021 season.

Over the weekend, India recorded the highest daily number of coronavirus deaths since the pandemic began.

More than 200 million cases have reported in the country and more than 222,000 deaths have been reported so far.

The IPL is held in six locations in India, with players travelling back and forth on charters and private flights.

The team lives in safe areas of hotels and resorts in a few cities and has nothing to do with people outside the bubble.

The England and Wales Cricket Board has no plans to arrange charter flights to England in India as the franchise is responsible for bringing players and staff home.

When players leave India, they must be tested before leaving and upon arrival in the UK and then quarantined in hotels for 10 days.

It is believed that none of the UK colleagues tested positive for The Cavit-19, but it is unclear if anyone was in close contact with those in close contact.

An ECB representative said: “We are in close contact with Indian players and staff to make arrangements for their safe return.

Cricket Australia (CA) said it was working with the BCCI to ensure the “safe accommodation and return” of its players to Australia.

Last week Australia banned all flights from India until May 15, and the Australian Civil Aviation Authority said it “will not seek an exemption.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button