The Premier League, English Football League, and Women’s Super League clubs will take part in a four-day boycott of social media platforms to combat abuse and discrimination.
The embargo will begin April 30.
The Football Association will also participate as well as league agencies and other organizations including its ouster of anti-discrimination charities.
Sanjay Bhandari, the president who kicked him out, said; “This boycott means our collective anger.
“Unfortunately, social media is now a regular container for toxic abuse.
“As we step down from the podium, they make a symbolic gesture to those in power,” he says. We want you to act.
“We need social media companies to hostile their platforms to trolls, not football families,” he said.
David McGoldrick of Sheffield United, who racially abused last year, welcomed the move, saying: “It’s time. What happened on social media happened to me.
“It happens to a lot of players,” he says. Something has to happen, where there is a lot of racial abuse.
Brighton striker Neil has also exploited online, telling Sky Sports the boycott was a “very good” move.
He said; Players are using a lot of abuse online and we have to fight it. That is the good way. It’s good that we can be together,” he said.
The Football Supporters’ Association, the Association of League Managers, Women’s Football, women’s championships and their clubs, as well as the refereeing body of Elite Professional Match Officials (PGMOL), have also pledged to boycott Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
The move comes three weeks after Swansea City closed their social media accounts for a week to clarify their opposition to abuse following the attack by some of its players.
Title rivals Birmingham City and Scottish Champions Rangers followed Swansea by announcing a social media boycott.
Former Arsenal and France striker Thierry Henry left all social media in March for racism and harassment between the platforms.
In an interview with News night, the 43-year-old said; “enough is enough” and should take a stand against racism on social media.
In early April, Liverpool said racist social media abuse was “incapable of continuing” after the Attacks by Trent Alexander-Arnold, Naby Keita and Sadie Mane in April.
A joint statement from Football England’s governing body said the boycott was a way to “emphasize the need for social media companies to do more to combat online hate” and “underline the importance of educating people.”
The statement continued: ‘The isolated boycott of football will certainly not eliminate the scourge of discriminatory online abuse, but will demonstrate football’s willingness to take voluntary and active action in this ongoing battle.
“English football will not tolerate any discrimination,” says Adeline Johns, the FA’s director of equality and diversity.
He added; “We call on organizations and individuals during the game to join the time boycott of these social media platforms and show solidarity and solidarity in their messages.
Social media companies are liable if they continue to violate their moral and social responsibilities to address this local problem.
The British government has previously threatened social media companies with “huge fines” of up to “billions of pounds” if they do not address abuses on platforms.
Facebook said in February that it would take tougher steps to address the problem.
Last week, Facebook’s Instagram announced a tool that allows users automatically filter offensive messages they do not follow on the platform.